These past few days have been a time where I have consciously tried to make the most of the ‘here’.
- I have tried to not have my phone glued to my side
- I have attempted to not think about other things whilst talking to people. This has been the toughest for me. If there is something I need to attend to, I am practising telling the person that I a) need to attend to something quickly or b) write down what I need to tend to. Those around me know what I am working on so are accommodating it…. at the moment! The next step is to be able to put the thought away for a time.
- I am trying to ‘do the little things’, so ensure that I take a minute longer when brushing Annie’s hair, have an extra prayer at bed time with Zeph, read them two stories rather than one, have extended ‘talk time’ and take the time to make Ludo an extra cup of coffee or mint tea
- I am really trying to not feel frustrated or hot under the collar when something unexpected happens. With a small company of women, friends, family, two under two’s, a german shepherd and a husband of course unexpected things happen ALL of the time. So I can either get uptight and negatively affect my own world and the world around me, or I can take a breath, take it in my stride and enjoy the ride.
- I am working to identify a reinforcement profile for myself. So often we do things just because we are used to doing. We live the motions and don’t actually enjoy the journey of life. It’s really important to identify what motivates us and to build in those things to live a healthy life. I am going to start walking through Shelley’s adult reinforcement profile. Why don’t you join me? I start next Monday!