Burn out affects both those working in the caring profession and those who are caring for someone. There are some factors that can make people more vulnerable to burn out.
Take a look at the factors below.
- Significant life stressors, such as illness of a family member, money worries, relationship difficulties
- Life transitions, a child moving into adolescence, or leaving home, a new addition to the family
- Lack of support either professionally, or personally
- Pride or shame
- Problems with setting boundaries and subsequently over extending yourself
- Stress, compassion fatigue (feeling like you have no energy left to care for others)
- It is important to remember to look after ourselves, to set healthy boundaries and to open up to support offered to us.
- Ultimately if you don't look after yourself, you are eventually no good to anyone anyways so staying healthy on the journey is important. If you feel like you are in need of additional support, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.