Assessments and programming
We recognise that each family is unique, so the first step of our work is to determine the needs of your child or family so that we can create an intervention that will meet those needs.
With children with a developmental disability or challenging behaviour we use an assessment tool called the Verbal Behaviour Milestones and Assessment Placement Program (VB-MAPP) which in a nutshell examines many different areas of a child’s development and establishes where a skill may be in need of development.
There are a number of ways this assessment can be completed;
- You can complete it on your own and have one of our consultants complete the analysis and provide you with a write up of results, as well as recommendations for the best way forward
- we can complete the entire assessment and analysis for you.
We walk step by step with you through the assessment process so that you fully understand what we are doing at every point.
Once the assessment is complete, we analyse our results, and based on these we develop a program unique to your child and family. This might involve sessions with your child aimed at teaching them new skills, it can also involve sessions with parents and other family members to provide information on how they can support and nurture their child to bring out the best in them. Additionally, where family members may feel challenged by the pressures and demands of life we offer counselling sessions to support them in reclaiming joy and fulfilment in everyday life.
Long distance services
We also realise that we are a time-poor society and sometimes it simply isn’t possible to travel to see a therapist. This is why in addition to face to face work, we offer long distance services through phone calls, email and skype. Whilst this might seem like a relatively new concept, in our busy society there are many benefits to using web based interventions;
- There are no travel costs for a consultant to visit your home and you have none of the stress of travelling to an office and no parking fees!
- You and your child can access services from the comfort of your own home. This is great news for people experiencing anxiety or who have children who struggle to be in new environments.
- You can access Skype from wherever you are in the world, so if you move locations it won’t affect your program.
At NETwork Interventions we are forward thinkers with big vision for the future of our families. Our ambition and passion means that we are able to work globally, therefore no matter what country you live in, or how busy your schedule is, we aim to make it possible to provide assessment and intervention for you and your family.