Your Senior ABA therapist will have a Bachelors Degree in Psychology, Education or related field and will have at least 2000 hours of experience working as an ABA therapist with learners across all levels. Here at NETwork, we require at least 4000 hours of experience working as an ABA therapist for any of our junior therapists to progress to a senior therapist position.
- Your Senior Therapist will be developing client specific therapeutic treatment plans based on appropriate assessments and developmental guidelines provided by their Consultant/Behaviour Analyst.
- Your Senior Therapist will help your lead therapist or consultant to complete assessments
- Your Senior Therapist will prepare programme materials
- Your Senior Therapist will be able to supervise junior therapists in the implementation of programs and behavioural intervention procedures.
- Your Senior Therapist will be able to implement behaviour observation systems, support plans, and behaviour intervention guidelines.
- Your Senior Therapist will participate in weekly or fortnightly clinical team meetings to discuss case progress, address therapist and care giver concerns, review individual programme plans, and recommend revisions as necessary
Your Senior Therapist will most likely only perform 1-2 sessions a week with each child. This is what we would recommend to most families. We would recommend Senior Therapist sessions last between 3-4 hours. Your Senior Therapists will require much less training than your Junior Therapists and they will likely be able to provide training to your Junior Therapists. Your Senior Therapists will be able to collate and interpet data, and help you to do so too!