Water parks and amusement parks can be, at their best, fun, exciting and a wonderful way to spend a day. At their worst, they can be scary, exhausting and overwhelming. Below are a few tips to ensure you get the most out of your day and maximise the fun you and your family have.
- Go early in the morning or later in the evening, so it is not as busy.
- Find places that allow you to bring in your own food and water.
- Choose places that have picnic areas where you can take a break if you need to.
- Find out about “fast passes”. These allow you to skip the line and get on rides immediately, which will save you a lot of time in lines.
- Bring a therapist or special needs baby sitter with you if funds allow.
- Work on the sunscreen and hat program that was posted in June, to ensure your child is protected from the sun.
- Prepare your child by showing them photos of the website and talking about the day.
- Have a “safe place” where everyone will meet to check in or if someone goes missing. Speak with staff to find out about missing children policies and know where head office is in case of an emergency.
- Have a current photo of your child, just in case they get lost and need to be found. Consider having your cell phone number and personal information on your child at all times.